The research that followed has produced fascinating evidence demonstrating that grounding generates a powerful and positive shift in the electrical state of the body and the electrodynamics of blood, and restores natural self-healing and self-regulating mechanisms.
We know that grounding allows a transfer of electrons (the Earth’s natural, subtle energy) into the body. We know that inflammation is caused by free radicals and that free radicals are neutralized with electrons from any source. Electrons are the source of the neutralising power of antioxidants.
In the earthing studies, as well as the feedback from tens of thousands of individuals who have grounded themselves, we have consistent evidence of people whose pain was reduced. Such reduction of pain is evidence (but not proof) that inflammation is reduced. However, the studies point clearly in that direction.
The Earthing Institute hopes that evidence collected to date will inspire researchers with the financial resources to perform large studies to further clarify the benefits of earthing.
The list below show what studies are available at the Earthing Institute. Click HERE to read the studies
1. Effects of Grounding on Body Voltage and Current in the Presence of Electromagnetic Fields
2. Grounding After Moderate Eccentric Contractions Reduces Muscle Damage
3. One-Hour Contact with the Earth’s Surface (Grounding) Improves Inflammation and Blood Flow—A Randomized, Double-Blind
4. The Effect of Grounding the Human Body on Mood
5. Grounding the Human Body during Yoga Exercise with a Grounded Yoga Mat Reduces Blood Viscosity
6. Research Review: The Effects of Grounding (Earthing) on Inflammation, the Immune Response, Wound Healing, and Prevention
and Treatment of Chronic Inflammatory and Autoimmune Diseases − Journal of Inflammation Research
7. Grounding the Human Body Improves Facial Blood Flow Regulation
8. Differences in Blood Urea and Creatinine Concentrations in Earthed and Unearthed Subjects during Cycling Exercise and
9. Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease Additionally view the Blood Viscosity Video Clip
10. Earthing the Human Organism Influences Bioelectrical Processes
11. Research Review: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth’s Surface Electrons −Journal
of Environmental and Public Health
12. The Neuromodulative Role of Earthing
13. Emotional Stress, Heart Rate Variability, Grounding, and Improved Autonomic Tone: Clinical Applications
14. Earthing the Human Body Influences Physiologic Processes, Editorial: Chronic Disease: Are We Missing Something?
15. Pilot Study on the Effect of Grounding on Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness
16. Changes in Pulse Rate, Respiratory Rate, Blood Oxygenation, Perfusion Index, Skin Conductance, and Their Variability Induced
During and After Grounding Human Subjects for 40 Minutes
17. The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 2
18. The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 1
19. The Effectiveness of a Conductive Patch and a Conductive Bed Pad in Reducing Induced Human Body Voltage Via the
Application of Earth Ground
20. The Biologic Effects of Grounding the Human Body During Sleep as Measured by Cortisol Levels and Subjective Reporting of
Sleep, Pain, and Stress
21. Medical Thermography Case Studies on Earthing 2004-2005
1. James Oschman, Ph.D., Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D., A. Clinton Ober, Biophysics of Earthing (grounding) the Human Body in
Bioelectromagnetic and Subtle Energy Medicine (CRC Press), 2015.
2. Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D., The Earth’s Electrical Surface Potential A summary of present understanding
3. James Oschman, Ph.D., Can Electrons Act as Antioxidants? A Review and Commentary
4. James Oschman, Ph.D., Charge Transfer in the Living Matrix
5. James Oschman, Ph.D., Perspective: Assume a spherical cow: The role of free or mobile electrons in bodywork, energetic and
6. James Oschman, Ph.D., Earthing vs. “Good” and “Bad” Free Radicals
7. Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D.,Earthing, Inflammation, and Aging – Something to Think About
8. Matteo Tavera: A French naturalist’s vision of the importance of “natural electricity” to life
Earthing Institute Statements and Instructional Papers
1. Understanding Earthing (Grounding)
2. How to Measure the Effect of Earthing on Body Voltage
3. Studies Confirm Indoor Grounding Safety and Reduced Exposure to AC Voltage EMFs
4. Earthing Plant Experiment for Schools