The research that followed has produced fascinating evidence demonstrating that grounding generates a powerful and positive shift in the electrical state of the body and the electrodynamics of blood, and restores natural self-healing and self-regulating mechanisms.
We know that grounding allows a transfer of electrons (the Earth’s natural, subtle energy) into the body. We know that inflammation is caused by free radicals and that free radicals are neutralized with electrons from any source. Electrons are the source of the neutralising power of antioxidants.
In the earthing studies, as well as the feedback from tens of thousands of individuals who have grounded themselves, we have consistent evidence of people whose pain was reduced. Such reduction of pain is evidence (but not proof) that inflammation is reduced. However, the studies point clearly in that direction.
Click on any study to read it. We recommend a visit to the Earthing Institute that have a lot more information about Earthing
- Grounding Patients With Hypertension Improves Blood Pressure: A Case History Series Study
- Effectiveness of Grounded Sleeping on Recovery after Intensive Eccentric Muscle Loading
- The Effects of Grounding (Earthing) on Bodyworkers’ Pain and Overall Quality of Life: A randomized Controlled Trial
- Effects of Grounding (Earthing) on Massage Therapists
- Electric Nutrition: The Surprising Health and Healing Benefits of Biological Grounding (Earthing)
- Electrical Grounding Improves Vagal Tone in Preterm Infants View study charts here
- Effects of Grounding on Body Voltage and Current in the Presence of Electromagnetic Fields
- Grounding After Moderate Eccentric Contractions Reduces Muscle Damage
- One-Hour Contact with the Earth’s Surface (Grounding) Improves Inflammation and Blood Flow—A Randomized, Double-Blind, Pilot Study
- The Effect of Grounding the Human Body on Mood
- Grounding the Human Body during Yoga Exercise with a Grounded Yoga Mat Reduces Blood Viscosity
- Research Review: The Effects of Grounding (Earthing) on Inflammation, the Immune Response, Wound Healing, and Prevention and Treatment of Chronic Inflammatory and Autoimmune Diseases − Journal of Inflammation Research
- Grounding the Human Body Improves Facial Blood Flow Regulation
- Differences in Blood Urea and Creatinine Concentrations in Earthed and Unearthed Subjects during Cycling Exercise and Recovery
- Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease
Additionally, to view the Blood Viscosity Video Clip click here
- Earthing the Human Organism Influences Bioelectrical Processes
- Research Review: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth’s Surface Electrons −Journal of Environmental and Public Health
- The Neuromodulative Role of Earthing
- Emotional Stress, Heart Rate Variability, Grounding, and Improved Autonomic Tone: Clinical Applications
- Earthing the Human Body Influences Physiologic Processes. Editorial: Chronic Disease: Are We Missing Something?
- Pilot Study on the Effect of Grounding on Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness
- Changes in Pulse Rate, Respiratory Rate, Blood Oxygenation, Perfusion Index, Skin Conductance, and Their Variability Induced During and After Grounding Human Subjects for 40 Minutes
- The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 2
- The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 1
- The Effectiveness of a Conductive Patch and a Conductive Bed Pad in Reducing Induced Human Body Voltage Via the Application of Earth Ground
- The Biologic Effects of Grounding the Human Body During Sleep as Measured by Cortisol Levels and Subjective Reporting of Sleep, Pain, and Stress
- Thermography Case Histories 2004-2005
- Initial Grounding Experimentation, 2000
- Rx Earth – The Original Painkiller! James Oschman, Ph.D., Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D., Stephen T. Sinatra, M.D.
- Understanding Earthing (Grounding) James Oschman, Ph.D., Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D.
- Biophysics of Earthing (grounding) the Human Body, in Bioelectromagnetic and Subtle Energy Medicine (CRC Press), 2015: James Oschman, Ph.D., Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D., A. Clinton Ober
- The Earth’s Electrical Surface Potential: A Summary of Present Understanding: Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D.
- Can Electrons Act as Antioxidants? A Review and Commentary: James Oschman, Ph.D.
- Charge Transfer in the Living Matrix: James Oschman, Ph.D.
- Perspective: Assume a Spherical Cow: The role of Free or Mobile Electrons in Bodywork, Energetic and Movement Therapies: James Oschman, Ph.D.
- Fatigued? Let Grounding Recharge Your Battery
- Earthing vs. “Good” and “Bad” Free Radicals: James Oschman, Ph.D.
- Earthing Speeds Sports/Training Recovery, Lessens Muscle Damage and Inflammation
- Earthing, Inflammation, and Aging – Something to Think About: Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D.
- Matteo Tavera: A French Naturalist’s Vision of the Importance of “Natural Electricity” to Life
- Earthing Poster 2018 Congress on Integrative Medicine
- Beware of Earthing Misinformation, Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D.
- Earthing and Ground Currents
- Grounding Does Not Turn You Into an Antenna for EMFs
- How to Measure the Effect of Earthing on Body Voltage
- Studies Confirm Indoor Grounding Safety and Reduced Exposure to AC Voltage EMFs
- Earthing Plant Experiment for School